I never listened to Slipknot until a few minutes ago. This quote from one of the bandmembers intruiged me:
“This is nine guys, an assault on the senses, a physical war through music, and it’s going to be force-fed down your throat, and it will turn your insides out. It’s been designed to destroy you.”
I laughed when I read that. Then I listened. He was not kidding. I think if I listened to them every day, I would be one depressed, violent motherfucker.
I think I’ll stick to Wilco.
One of my ex-boyfriends listened to Slipknot… He also has scars from an ex clawing him during sex (which he enjoyed) and a Quake III tattoo on his back.
Just made these for dinner! Pretty yummy, if I say so myself. Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown.
- 2 Portobello mushroom caps
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cast iron or saute pan
- Paper towel
- Spray bottle for the oil
- Tongs (or if you’re cool like me, cooking chopsticks)
- Wash and cut the mushrooms into 1/4 in slices without removing the gills
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes
- Mist the mushrooms with oil and season with salt and pepper. (GO EASY on the salt! Let me make that mistake for you haha)
- Using a paper towel, spread about 1 teaspoon oil on the pan
- Lay the slices of mushroom in the pan without them overlapping, and sear, without moving them, for 5 minutes
- Flip them over, cook for another 5 minutes, and serve.
It’s really important that you be patient and not move the mushrooms (the heart of searing haha). There will be smoke, but don’t panic… DON’T MOVE THE MUSHROOMS or else you won’t get a nice crust. Also, the slices I cooked were a little to thin… so maybe 1/3 of a inch? Well, you get the gist.
Makes about 2 appetizer servings.
Wooo done. Now all I have to do is remember to keep tagging everything. (I think it’d be pretty useful to have the tags *not* in the advanced options, and a generated tag cloud so I don’t have to do this… but hey, the staff seems pretty busy as it is, haha)
LIFE: adventures, boys, events (hip hop awareness week), family, friends, grainger (engineering library), grievances, holidays (unofficial st. patrick’s day), instant messaging (includes IRC), school, snapshots, student orgs (formula sae, aiesec, uc hip hop congress)
MISC: articles, inspiration, news, politics, science, wisdom… asian-ness, comics, dance (breaking, funkstyles), flyers, gaming, geek-dom, LEGOs, otaku-ness, scary things, shoes, tumblr antics (chicago tumblrs)
ughnhff toy around with the template to make things look pretty, figure out a better category bound for “life”, perhaps combine geek and otaku?, add culture stuff to “japan”, esquire tag?, make a proper about page, nixing some art categories, figuring out what to do with the private tag
In an effort to stave off boredom, I’m embarking on my journey to… tag all my tumblr posts.
Man, how more pathetic can my summer get?