I just wrapped up, by all accounts, the most stressful week of my life.
- Monday I had a midterm in my most difficult (but favorite) class of the semester.
- Tuesday I flew to Irvine from Champaign… and while traveling is kind of stressful (meh), most of my anxiety was because of the huge job interview the next day.
- Wednesday: Marathon interview #1. HUGE company, lots of people in suits, scary interviews with top sales managers, and a room full of competitors with MBAs and/or actual experience.
- I did make a pretty clever pun with Wile E. Coyote (an example of poor resource deployment) and Batman (the acme of resource management). Heh.
- Trying to make a standby at John Wayne Wednesday night. I was literally the last person to sit down.
- Thursday was adventure time around the bay. I was with a friend but things were a little… complicated. I felt like I wasn’t comfortable in my own skin (how often does that happen?)
- Friday I had a more stressful day-long interview. I was expecting maybe three interviews and a debrief and I’d be out by 3pm… but no, 5 sessions x 45 minutes apiece and I got grilled on programming questions (totally unprepared).
- And now (Saturday morning) I’m sitting at SFO, waiting for the gate agent to show up so I can actually get an assigned seat on the plane because they oversold the damn flight. Even if I get on this flight, I won’t even get back to Champaign till 8:30 PM
There were a few bright spots… I got to eat some great sushi with my mom in LA, see beautiful San Francisco, meet up with S, and get taken to the best Taco Bell on the planet. Not to mention that I got to hang out with someone else rather amazing.
I’ll hear back from the companies next week, which also happens to be spring break (thankfully). California, here I come?